Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Segovia (cont.)




This is an old timey map of Segovia. I've drawn the blue circles (with the spray paint tool from Paint no less) to highlight what I would consider the most important places in Segovia if someone were to visit. Firstly, about half of Segovia is cut off on the bottom, but it doesn't really matter because I would assume if anyone was going to visit, they would want to visit the historical things, and there is nothing historical south of this map. They are just a lot of cheap bars and a place called Nueva Segovia.  

The black line on the map toward the bottom right in the aqueduct. It is massive and awesome. I've posted pictures of it already so no need to talk about it much more. The blue circle farthest to the right is *drum rollplease* my house. 

 living room
my room

kitchen! complete with washing machine haha and a capacity of about one person at a time.
the main hallway


OK go back to the map and look at the middle blue circle. That is the monstrous cathedral that is located in our town. I feel as though it is Spanish mandate that there be a huge church in each town and so here is ours.


 We have a castle as well (blue circle on the far left)! The Alcuzar. One time I called it the Azucar and my friend goes "the sugar?!". I have not been inside yet but I hear that it only costs a euro so I think it'd be worth it.

There was a Segovian festival the other weekend that celebrated the patron saint of Segovia. It is some lady whose name I did not catch but anyway here are some pictures of what the festival looked like. There was a parade from the main square to the cathedral that took about a half hour. Everyone in the parade was dressed up! There was also some dancing and singing invovled.







2 comments:

  1. dude your bed looks really skinny. also, the video isn't working. That church looks amaaaazing, saved the photo.

    ReplyDelete